Cases of Coronavirus have hit the Indian states and employees and employers are concerned about how spreading the speed of the infection and harming the office environment. Colleagues are taking care of all possible methods to protect them from coming in contact and being the victim of the coronavirus. Serious respiratory diseases like Corona spread through sneezing, coughing, touching things with contaminated hands or vice versa as per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Keeping the workplace clean and sanitized can inhibit the spreading of this communicable disease. In addition, to take protection from this new strain of coronavirus termed as COVID-19, you need to follow certain preventive measures to stop contamination of flu and other viruses.
Steps for Maintaining Extra Hygiene as Office Cleaning Part:
1. Proper Hand Wash
Reducing the spread of coronavirus starts with maintaining basic hygiene and properly follow a daily routine. Basic hygiene steps may seem obvious and it’s important. Hand wash using clean handwash liquid and clean water surely kills virus but it is effective only when done very often and thoroughly. You should spend at least 20 seconds to wash hands to ensure that germs don’t get transferred to persons you meet, greet or objects you touch. Don’t focus on ads that suggest products is effective even you don’t give much time on thorough washing.
The CDC has stated that keeping hand clean and sanitized is the best and most important way to avoid coming in contact with any illness-causing germs. You can print and post the fact sheet introduced by CDC which reminds the employees to wash their hands frequently. The fact sheet includes when to hand wash like:
• Before and after eating.
• After using the washroom.
• After coughing, sneezing or blowing the nose.
• Touching any public place as stairs handle, lift button, biometric and even chairs.
• After using anyone else objects like file, paper, bottles, stationery or any sort of eatables.
Surely hand wash is the best way to deal and avoid infection. There is an alternative to regular washing of hand and that is using hand sanitizers contain 60 percent alcohol as per CDC. But this alternative doesn’t work if your hands are greasy. A study suggests that proper hand wash reduces the risk of any sort of respiratory infection by 16 to 21 percent.
World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended everyone to thoroughly and regularly wash their hands. You are free to use soap and water or any alcohol-based sanitizers. It is rightly said that following a proper hygienic routine can help in limiting the spread of Coronavirus.
2. Practice Proper Etiquette of Sneezing and Coughing
If you are talking about proper etiquettes, you must first be aware of what is involved in it. A hygiene etiquette deeply involves practices which prevent the spread of disease and illness. The crucial time for practicing hygiene etiquette is when there is any sort of epidemic or when you are sick mainly when you are prone to coughing and sneezing. Many serious respiratory illnesses such as RSV (respiratory syncytial virus), influenza, SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome), whooping cough are spread by:
When you openly cough into the air, you actually spread germs up to 3 to 6 feet around your surroundings and if cough into your hands, you will transfer the germs place to place. The best option is to wear a mask so as to avoid any kind of infection. But if you are not carrying a mask, you need to follow certain guidelines for being safe:
• Use a clean cloth or tissue to cover the mouth and nose area every single time when you sneeze or cough.
• If you don’t have tissue or cloth, resort to coughing into your elbow.
• Never ever cough on to your palm or open air. Coughing in the open air or palm increases the chance of contamination.
• Turn your face always from people when you cough or sneeze.
• Used tissue, wipes should be immediately thrown in the trash can. Avoid using it multiple times.
• After you, cough or sneeze, ensure to use at least alcohol-based sanitizers.
• Always turn your face away from people around you when coughing or sneezing.
• Place your used tissue immediately in the trash can.
• Wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 to 95% alcohol after you cough or sneeze.
3. Thorough Cleaning of Workstation:
Workstation is the dirtiest place that needs regular deep cleaning. So, you need to care about the cleanliness of your system, desk and complete cubical. This will help you to be germ-free. These are certain basic points you need to be specific about if you want to safe from the coronavirus. Be very selective in which disinfectant product you are using for cleaning your workplace. It even plays an important role in maintaining your health.
Hope this blog was informative. For more information and suggestions on Corona Virus Infection, stay tuned with us! Know more about us on https://www.manmachinesolutions.com/